History of The Scottdale Bank & Trust Co.
In 1900 certain business leaders in Scottdale saw the need for a bank as a safe place for citizens to keep their savings and to handle their financial needs. So, in February 1901 the Scottdale Savings and Trust Co. was chartered with an authorized capital of $150,000. its first offices were in the Hill House, remaining there until the completion of its new three-storied building in 1902.
The bank grew and prospered, with an excellent record of safety and soundness. It was one of only a few banks that did not fail during the panic of 1933.
The banking room was remodeled during the 1930's. This was also an opportunity to give work to craftsman whose jobs were eliminated by the depression.
In 1971 the bank built its present modern office and moved back across the street.
In 1978 the Scottdale Savings and Trust Co. changed its name to the Scottdale Bank and Trust Co.
In July 1984 Yough Valley National Bank became part of the Scottdale Bank & Trust Co. and we were joined by the Connellsville and Countryside offices.
In August 1996 we welcomed the new Tri-Town office.
In May of 2015 we welcomed the Main Street Mt. Pleasant office.
Then, now, and always, the Scottdale Bank & Trust Co. is proud to be your hometown community bank, dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible financial service every day.